Lyft has a special department to help their drivers that get pulled over, in accidents, or other emergency situations – it’s called the CRL, or Critical Response Line. The agents are staffed here in Nashville, and one of those agents here in East Nashville that normally helps others through emergency situations found herself on the opposite end of the situation. Meet Danielle Dame. On Tuesday, MNPD responded to a traffic accident, where she was found to be at fault at the scene. Normally this would be nothing newsworthy, just another day in East Nashville. However earlier today, Danielle posted in the East Nashville neighborhood group, telling her story, including how an officer threatened to “hog tie her and put her in a box” – among other likely indulgences. The purpose of her posting her story was an attempt to solicit an attorney to take her case pro-Bono – but what she received was an onslaught of comments trying to understand what she was talking about. If she was under the influence of something while driving (allegedly), then it seemed to be twice as likely when she typed this post (screenshots below) – but first, let’s get the facts, according to her arrest report. Here’s the highlights:
- OFFICERS RESPONDED TO A TRAFFIC ACCIDENT WHERE THE DEFENDANT WAS INVOLVED AND FOUND TO BE AT FAULT.
- DURING THE INVESTIGATION THE DEFENDANT WAS OBSERVED HAVING VERY SLURRED SPEECH, STAGGERED WHILE WALKING, SHE HAD A VERY SHORT ATTENTION SPAN WHEN ASKED QUESTIONS BY OFFICERS
- SHE WAS UNABLE TO COMPLETE SIMPLE TASK LIKE; GETTING HER LICENSE AND PAPERWORK FOR VEHICLE, KNOWING WHERE HER KEYS WERE TO THE VEHICLE AND SHE HAD ISSUES WITH FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN DURING THE SFST’S.
- THE DEFENDANT ADMITTED TO BEING ON MULTIPLE MEDICATIONS WHILE DRIVING ON 04/26/2017 TO OFFICERS WHILE ON SCENE, AT THE HOSPITAL AND IN ROUTE TO BOOKING. THOSE MEDICATIONS OFFICERS ARE AWARE OF SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN WHILE OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE. THIS INFORMATION WAS ALSO CONFIRMED BY A NURSE AT MEHARRY HOSPITAL THAT SHOULD NOT BE MIXED, AS WELL AS, USED WHILE OPERATING A VEHICLE.
- THE DEFENDANT WAS UNABLE TO STOP SWAYING DURING THE HGN TESTING, SHE ALSO WAS TOLD MULTIPLE TIMES TO STOP TURNING HER HEAD WHILE FOLLOWING THE STIMULI.
- DURING THE WALKING AND STANDING TASK IT WAS NOTATED THAT THE DEFENDANT DOES HAVE LEG INJURES WITH BOTH LEGS. HOWEVER, DURING BASIC STANDING TASKS SHE WAS OBSERVED SWAYING AND STAGGERING WHILE BEING ASKED TO STAND STILL.
- DURING THE WALK AND TURN SHE WAS UNABLE TO COMPLETE ANY OF THE HEEL TO TOE STEPS; COMPLETELY MISSING MULTIPLE STEPS GOING FORWARDS AND BACKWARD. SHE WAS OBSERVED STEPPING TOE NEXT TO HEEL OR ARCH OF FOOT AND NOT TO TOE AS DIRECTED AND SHOWN.
- DURING THE ONE LEG STAND SHE STARTED THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF WITH HER ARMS COMPLETELY RAISED OUT BY HER SIDES TO CONTROL HER BALANCE. AND WHEN DIRECTED TO PLACE THE ARMS DOWN BY HER SIDE SHE WAS UNABLE TO STAND ON ONE LEG WITHOUT HOPPING ON HER RIGHT FOOT.
- THE DEFENDANT WAS ALSO OBSERVED DOZING IN AND OUT OF SLEEP, AS WELL AS, DROOLING WHILE IN TRANSPORT TO THE HOSPITAL FOR HER BLOOD DRAW. AND WHILE THE HOSPITAL SHE WAS OBSERVED FALLING ASLEEP AND WHEN DIRECTED TO WAKE UP REPLIED “OH NO, I’M NOT ALSEEP I’M THE FURTHEST THING FROM THAT!” THEN MOMENTS LATER SEEN FALLING ASLEEP AND FALLING OVER IN THE CHAIR.
- THE DEFENDANT WAS READ IMPLIED CONSENT AND HER MIRANDA RIGHTS AND STATED SHE UNDERSTOOD BOTH AN AGREED TO THE BLOOD DRAW.
- DUE TO THE RESULTS OF THE SFST TESTING OFFICERS FOUND PROBABLE CAUSE TO ARREST THE DEFENDANT FOR DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE.
Here is the original post on social media:
If you made it this far, you deserve a cookie. And if you drive for Lyft and ever have to call the response line / CRL, keep in mind this could be the person on the other end of the line. Goodnight, and Good Luck!