“Street Dad” James Baker confesses love to woman, sexually threatens her with baton

60-year-old James Baker sexually threatened Katherina Wrather with a baton at his East Old Hickory Boulevard apartment on July 8th. Wrather told responding officers she was hanging out with her friend, Lucas McClain, and his “street dad,” Baker, who looks after him. Then, she stated they went out to get a dog that one of their friends found with Wrather’s girlfriend, Jenna Brown. They all went to a WeGo station for a bus they were taking when Baker decided he did not want to hang out with Brown anymore since he thought she was annoying. After this, Baker, McClain, and Wrather got onto the bus and went to Baker’s apartment. Wrather slept in the room nearest the door and woke up to Baker lying next to her, confessing his love to her.  Wrather said Baker told her how happy she made him, but she did not share the same interest because he was too old. Then, when she tried to leave, Baker stated she could not go because she did not have a bus pass anymore since she lost it and that he would be her transportation going further. Wrather said that she texted Brown and had her come up with a story about one of her family members being in the hospital so she could leave. Baker told her she could go but that he would be coming with her and that they’d leave on his time, not hers. Then, Wrather said Baker pulled out a small baton, tapped her leg lightly, and threatened to use it as a whip for punishment, putting her in fear of bodily harm. Officers spoke with McClain, who corroborated Wrather’s statements, adding that he was “just there so nothing got too intense.” After this, the police observed messages between Brown and Wrather about Baker’s past actions of undressing women in their sleep and how Brown saw Baker cornering her to separate her from Wrather. Baker was then taken into custody for kidnapping.

Shanta Chambers slaps boyfriend on back after turning away during argument

23-year-old Shanta Chambers was involved in a domestic altercation with her boyfriend, Tre Henry, at their Extended Stay Nashville hotel on Myatt Drive on June 24th. When officers arrived, they spoke with Chambers, who admitted that she slapped Henry on his back. Chambers claimed that she did this when Henry turned away from her during an argument about their living situation. Coleton Dobbs, a witness to the incident, told officers that he observed Chambers strike Henry on his back. Based on the statements made, Shanta Chambers was deemed the primary aggressor and was taken into custody for domestic assault.

Thomas Turner Jr. assaults girlfriend, breaks her windshield during dispute over Instagram comment

21-year-old Thomas Turner Jr. had a domestic altercation with his girlfriend, Kiyona Browne, at his mother’s Richards Road residence on March 24th. Browne was at the Walgreens on Antioch Pike when she alerted the authorities. When officers arrived, she explained that she and Turner Jr. had argued over a social media post that she felt was disrespectful to their relationship. Then, after a while, Browne decided to leave because she had to take her niece somewhere the next day. However, she could not leave because Turner Jr. still had her key fob. Browne said she still went out to her car and locked the door, but Turner Jr. followed her outside, unlocked the door, and got in the backseat. While in the backseat, he started punching the interior of the car, causing injury to his hands. Browne took Turner Jr. back inside so they could clean up the injuries and he could calm down, which he did. Shortly after, Turner Jr. became angry again, and when Browne got her key fob and returned to her car, he followed her again. Turner Jr. got into the passenger seat before Browne could lock the car. Then, Browne told him to get out repeatedly, but he refused, asking if she was going to cheat on him. When Browne did not reply, Turner Jr. threw his phone at the windshield, leaving a crack. Browne said he kept pulling her back in when she tried to exit the vehicle. When Browne got out to walk away, Turner Jr. kept trying to block her from leaving, grabbed her arm, and pulled her towards the car. When they returned to the car, Browne got inside and locked Turner Jr. out of it. Turner Jr. kicked Browne’s car as she drove away to Walgreens, where she called the police. Officers observed the cracked windshield and blood inside the car. Officers contacted Turner Jr., who agreed to speak with them at his mother’s apartment. When officers arrived, he told them that his injuries were not caused by Browne, adding that she never assaulted him. Then, Turner Jr. admitted to throwing his phone at the windshield and cracking it. Officers went to detain him, but he attempted to flee and resist. Turner Jr. was transported to General Hospital for medical treatment to his hands and was later taken into custody for domestic assault, vandalism, resisting arrest, and false imprisonment on March 25th.