Via WKRN & The Tennessean, Nashville Firefighter Tim Lankford has been pulled from the field and placed on administrative duty, reports Deputy Chief Steve Holt. Lankford has been an EMS District Chief since 1987. The letter states that the posts were perceived as “racial, stereotypical, and threatening toward members of the public.” This all stems from social media posts that we first reported in May. You may remember some of his posts that reflected badly on transgender rights, on Muslims, evolution, even threatening bodily harm in some instances, such as a transgender person that happen to be in the restroom legally at the same time as his daughter. One post even said he was so upset that Gays had the right to marry, he could barely function at his job.
While we first published these posts back in May (2016), We have sought an update from both city council members and Nashville Fire Department management for quite some time, but were not provided any new information time and time again. Tonight, via WKRN, we have learned that Tim Lankford has been removed from the field, and is ‘administrative duty’ while under investigation.
Here are some of the posts that resulted in Lankford’s removal from the field, and our complete coverage of the Nashville Fire Department posts – Lankford was just one of many – we do not have updates on the others below, despite multiple attempts for updated from the Nashville Fire Department.
- Nashville Fire Department – Original Tim Lankford Post
- Tim Lankford: President of an EMS Education Non-Profit, Despite Prejudiced Online Comments
- Nashville Fire EMT Laura Huffstuttler: Issues Vague Threat to EastNashville.news
- Nashville Fire District Chief Tim Lankford “So Disturbed” by Gay Marriage Ruling, He Can “Barely Even Function” at His Job
- Nashville Fire Department: Employees & Salaries
- VIDEO: Nashville Fire Department: VIDEO! Stop the Engine! Stripping for a Drag Queen while on Duty!
- Nashville Fire Department: Firefighters Taking Pics While Fighting Fires & Selfies at Scenes?
- Nashville Fire Department: Response from Local 140 Union, Social Media Policy Released
Below are the posts where we have previously attempted to get information both from city council members, and the Nashville Fire Department, with no success: