On Tuesday, William Arnold was arrested in for his 10th DUI. 10 DUIs, and Mr. Arnold is still out driving the streets in Nashville. The maximum charge is for “DUI 4 or More” – There’s wasn’t even a law conceived for someone to get 10 DUIs and still be driving. He’s also had 17 related charges dismissed by the courts.
Here’s what happened:
- Arnold was parked sideways in parking spaces at 414 Gallatin Pike S
- Someone called in a drunk person getting into the vehicle (defendant)
- Cranked it. Reversed it. Crashed It.
- The person he crashed into took his keys and ID, and went inside the store.
- Arnold says he drank “Just a nip” when asked by officers
- Arnold could not walk a straight line, stumbled over chairs and tables, 100% drunk.
- Arnold says he had a “minor fender bender”
- Arnold told officer he “worked at GAP” 6 times in 3 minutes.
William Arnold repeatedly asked where he was, and how the got there. Arnold then stated: “My mother will be fucking pissed at me”. Arnold is 60 years old.
What’s the punishment for a 10th DUI in Tennessee?
- 1 Year (365) days of jail time with a minimum of 150 consecutive days served
- $3,000 to $15,000 mandatory fine
- License revocation for 8 years/Restricted license available
- Subject to vehicle seizure/forfeiture
- Alcohol and drug treatment program
- Ignition Interlock Device installed at your expense
- If two (2) convictions of DUI in 5 years, Ignition Interlock Device required for 6 months after reinstatement at your expense
Texas just sentenced a man to live in prison for his 10th DUI Conviction. In Tennessee, you serve your 150 days (Max of 365 days) and go about your business, and get a restricted license to drive where you need to go.
Here’s the charges he’s had dismissed:
- 03/11/05 Poss. of Revoked Lic.
- 03/11/05 Open Cont.
- 03/11/05 Implied Consent-Civil
- 03/11/05 Unl.Use Dr. Paraph.
- 03/11/05 Reck. End. (FELONY)
- 01/24/06 Revoked License, 2nd Off
- 01/24/06 Implied Consent-Civil
- 02/06/08 Implied Consent-Crim
- 02/06/08 Revoked License, 2nd Off
- 06/05/09 Open Cont.
- 06/05/09 Revoked License, 2nd Off
- 06/05/09 Implied Consent-Crim
- 05/15/10 Implied Consent-Crim
- 09/28/10 Revoked License, 2nd Off
- 09/28/10 Implied Consent-Crim
- 10/08/15 Ins.-evid of compliance- traff
- 10/08/15 Revoked License, 2nd Off
Subject’s vehicle was observed parked sideways in parking spaces in front of Sir Pizza/Subway at 414 Gallatin Pike S, Madison, TN. Moments later, a Subway employee called in reporting an intoxicated person trying to get into the vehicle. The subject started his vehicle, placed it in reverse and backed into another patron’s vehicle, a toyota tacoma, parked legally. The owner of the Toyota confronted the subject about the vehicle damage, took subject’s keys and they both went back inside the Subway to await PD. While waiting, subject presented his TN ID card, which the Toyota driver presented to officers. Subject had an odor of alcoholic beverage about his person, had thick, slurred speech and admitted to drinking, “just a nip.” Subject was unsteady on his feet, bracing himself against a table and chair. Subject stated he just woke up and could not focus on stimuli to perform FSTs. Subject stated he could not walk a straight line and followed instructions to follow officer to door of Subway. Subject was observed walking unsteadily, stumbling into the next set of table and chairs. Subject complained it was a minor fender bender and repeatedly stated he worked at the GAP (6 times in 3 minutes).
Subject complained his right wrist hurt and a bandage was observed tied way too tight around the wrist, causing swelling in his right hand. The bandage was removed. Subject was read the implied consent law and agreed to a blood draw. Results are pending. Subject repeatedly questioned where he was and how he got there. Subject stated his mother “will be fucking pissed at me” Subject’s DUI convictions are as follows: 10/27/93: DUI 1st, 05/01/99, DUI 2nd, 06/30/01, DUI 3rd, 03/17/05, DUI 4th, 12/03/05, DUI 5th, 01/26/06, DUI 6th, 12/16/07, DUI 7th, 03/17/09, DUI 8th, 09/18/15 DUI 9th.
This is the subject’s 10th DUI.