Adrian Armstrong stabs man multiple times, locks him in vehicle during argument

35-year-old Adrian Armstong had an altercation with his friend, Justin Screws, inside his car on Patio Drive in the early hours of February 4th. Armstrong opened his door as officers arrived and nodded at them, saying, “Over there,” before pulling into and parking in a nearby driveway. The resident at the location told officers they had never seen Screws or Armstrong before the incident. Officers approached Armstrong’s vehicle and heard Screws yelling for help from inside the car. Armstrong claimed that Screws had tried to rob him at knifepoint. They detained Armstrong, noticed Screws covered in blood, and then assisted him in exiting the vehicle.

Screws advised them that he and Joseph Mungenast called Armstrong for a ride since they were supposed to work together. When Armstrong picked him and Mungenast up, an argument sparked between Screws and Armstrong regarding the title of his vehicle. Armstrong accused Screws or Mungenast of taking his vehicle title during the argument. Then, Screws explained that Armstrong became angry and struck him in the face. Screws also noted that Armstrong had a knife, but he did not initially believe Armstrong had stabbed him. Screws said that he was screaming for help when officers arrived, but he could not be heard because he was locked inside Armstrong’s vehicle that has tinted windows. Mr. Mungenast stated that Screws and Armstrong argued, then Armstrong stabbed Screws and punched him repeatedly in the face.

Armstrong told officers that he had given the men a ride, and they had left a bag in the car, so he asked them to get it. Then, he claimed Screws pulled a long-fixed blade that resembled a gun and threatened him with it. So Armstrong locked the door, hindering Screws from exiting the car. Armstrong then began fighting Screws for the knife before he struck him in the face and took it from him. Armstrong stated he remained on the scene to talk to the police. Officers observed the injuries from both parties and spoke to witnesses, who had only seen the car rocking but did not hear any commotion. Officers located a green “Karambit” knife in the center console of Armstrong’s car and deemed him the primary aggressor. Armstrong was taken into custody for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, driving with a suspended license, and aggravated kidnapping.

Tanner Patterson was charged with the rape of two women in Nashville; suspected of a third.

31-year-old Tanner Patterson was charged with the r4pe of two women, suspected of a third, on different occasions at his Brentridge Drive apartment between January 14th and January 24th. On January 14th, Patterson contacted the first woman, responding to an advertisement she placed on List Crawler, and she agreed to go to his apartment. A friend dropped her off around 6 a.m., and she met with him as she approached building one. He had her walk around the breezeway on the right side of the building and demanded to know who dropped her off, so she video-called her to prove it. This scared her, so she tried to walk away, but Patterson pulled out a black handgun, pointed it at her, and wrapped her face so she could not see before striking her multiple times in the head with the pistol. He began to drag her and hit her two more times with the firearm, and when they got to his unit, he covered her nose and mouth with his hand, making it difficult for her to breathe. She struggled, trying to get away, when he told her, “B!tch you’re making it worse on yourself,” and made her sit on the couch. Then, he applied a makeshift blindfold and told her to do what he said, and if she removed the blindfold, he would kill her. Patterson searched her purse, asked where the money was, and took her phone to see if she was sharing her location with anyone, to which he said if she were, he would “Bust a cap in her and kill her.” He demanded to know if anyone knew she was there, made her give him her passcode to her phone, and had her text her friend who dropped her off that she was good and would stay for two hours.
Then he patted her down, checking if she had anything on her, before undressing her, groping her breasts, and moaning. She started to cry, and he told her to be quiet, stood her up, escorted her to the back of the apartment, and pushed her down onto an air mattress. Patterson removed her boots, began to take off her clothing, and told her, “Take this shit off now.” He told her to open her legs, but she refused, so he slapped her thigh and said, “Open your f**king legs.” Then, Patterson pulled out his pen15, had difficulty achieving an er3ction, and began m@sturbating while touching her. He had her get on the floor and attempted to have v@ginal intercourse with her from behind but was unable due to impotence. He made her get on her knees and “give him head” and told her she better not bite his d!ck. He struck her in the face and began to have or@l s3x with her, telling her to open her mouth, and removed her blindfold, demanding that she look him in the eyes during it. Then, he got an er3ction, put the blindfold back on her, spit on his hand, put on a condom, and r4ped her v@ginally from behind until he ejacul@ted. Patterson told her to put her clothes back on, helped her put on her pants, and rummaged through her belongings again. She gathered her items as he pulled her hood over her head, telling her not to call the police, to which she said she would not. Then, he walked her toward her friend’s vehicle, stopped, and pushed her away, telling her to count to ten before removing the blindfold and that if her friend did pull off within ten seconds, he was going to start shooting. She waited before she ran away, removed her blindfold, and got in her friend’s vehicle. Her friend told her she had seen a man run away towards the woods in a red hoodie, which was believed to be Patterson. She called 911 and realized that he had taken $60 and her ID out of her purse. Officers arrived and were advised of the incident, as she gave them the blindfold for evidence and provided the phone number Patterson used to call her, which he previously used to place calls for service to his known address. They knew his identity due to him being the suspect in a recent rape that occurred on November 29th. She identified him through a photo lineup.
Then, on the night of January 23rd, Patterson contacted the second woman on a social networking app called Monkey Run. They began video chatting around 8 p.m. and discussed hanging out, so he provided transportation through a ride share to pick her up and bring her to his apartment. She advised officers that no arrangements had been made for s3x. She arrived at building one around 1 a.m. They went up the stairwell to the last apartment on the left, and when she got inside, he led her straight to the bedroom and made her sit on his air mattress. Then, Patterson left the room and returned with a handgun, causing her to try to run out of the room. He stopped her, hitting her in the head repeatedly with his pistol while stating, “I can’t believe you made me do this.” He tied her hands in front of her with a black strip of cloth, took her to the living room, and forced her to get on her knees before grabbing a knife from the kitchen to place near him, next to his gun. Patterson then told her that she “Better make him c*m in five minutes, or he would kill her.” She performed or@l s3x on him until he ej@culated in her mouth, and then put on a condom and proceeded to r4pe her from behind v@ginally. He forced her to take a shower at gunpoint, demanding that she wash her face well, especially around the mouth area. During the shower, he showed her bowls containing what she believed to be his ur!ne and asked if she was going to drink it.
Once she was dressed, Patterson took her to the living room and questioned her, asking if she was sharing her location with anyone, to which she said yes, with her friends. Then, he pointed the gun at her head, told her to unlock her phone, went through it, deleted certain things to conceal any communication between them, and took $100 from her purse. Then, he took her ID and took a picture of her mother’s social media profile to ensure he would find her or her family if she reported the incident. Patterson ordered her transportation, and she left, telling the driver to speed away. He stopped at the BP on Old Hickory Boulevard for her, where she called the police around 3 a.m. She had a ligature mark with redness, swelling on her right hand, and a small laceration with bruising beside her left eye. Detectives responded to Vanderbilt Hospital and interviewed her, where she provided information that caused officers to believe Patterson attacked her due to previous rapes involving him and similar descriptions. They gave her the photo lineup they used on January 14th, and she positively identified him. Patterson was taken into custody for two counts of aggravated kidnapping, two counts of aggravated robbery, and two counts of aggravated r4pe.

Keshari Tucker charged after threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend

21-year-old Keshari Tucker was involved in a domestic dispute with his ex-girlfriend, Cortesia Lawrence, at Chickasaw Avenue on November 19th. Lawrence told officers that she went to see Tucker, and when they were sitting in her vehicle, he appeared to be high, even though he denied it. Then, she said that he reached over, took her cell phone from her hands, and pulled her by her hair back into the car when she attempted to get out. Tucker put her in a headlock when she tried to get out again before reaching into his sweater pocket, telling her that she could not leave and that he was going to kill her. Lawrence was able to get out of the car on her third attempt, and people from the neighborhood started to come out onto the street. One of the neighbors told Tucker to put the phone on the ground and leave the area, which he did. Later that day, Lawrence was with her friend, Kenley Lawrence, who received a phone call from Tucker, which Cortesia recorded with her phone as he was on speakerphone. He began to speak about the incident, where he admitted to having a knife and that he wanted to “poke” Cortesia in the stomach. Tucker was taken into custody for theft of property and aggravated kidnapping.

Justin Curlee: “I’m guilty; take me to jail”

27-year-old Justin Curlee was jailed on Easter Sunday after beating up his girlfriend in a drunken rage and locking her in a bedroom at an apartment complex on Cheyenne Blvd. Police responded after a person with a weapon call and saw Leanna McCombs running out of the apartment screaming for help. As the officer entered the apartment, he saw Curlee jump out of a window and run away. The officer ran after him, and he immediately complied with commands. He said, “I’m guilty; take me to jail.”

He refused to talk about the incident. Leanna told police they went on an Easter egg hunt where Curlee had a few drinks. When they returned to the apartment, he started acting irate and aggressive. Curlee put Leanna inside a bedroom and kept her there. She asked him why he was doing this to her, and he kept replying, “Nothing.” She tried to climb out of a window in the bedroom, but Curlee tackled her and pushed her through the bedroom door, causing it to fall off the hinges; the officer saw the door on the living room floor. Leanna told police that after Curlee tackled her, he punched her in the face multiple times, leaving her with a bloody nose, a busted lip, and a bruised forehead. He then forced her into the hall closet and pulled out a knife saying, “If you scream, I’ll kill you.”

Leanna eventually talked him into putting the knife down, and while he was looking away, she grabbed her cell phone and hid it until she could call the police. When they heard officers knocking on the door, Curlee told her, “Be quiet. You say anything, and I’ll kill you. You’ll die today.” Leanna convinced her she wouldn’t make any noise, and as soon as he looked away, she ran out the door for help.

Lashawn Howard blocks in ex-boyfriend: “I didn’t forget the bullets at home this time”

Police 19-year-old Lashawn Howard located her ex-boyfriend, Thomas Smith, on New Year’s Eve in the parking lot of his apartment complex and used her vehicle to block him in to prevent him from driving away. She then approached his vehicle and told him she “wasn’t playing around,” threatened to slash his tires, and waved a knife toward him. She then opened her other hand to display several rounds of ammunition and told him she didn’t forget the bullets at home this time. He then backed into her car in an effort to escape the situation

Jail Call: Akeen Warner begs that he “doesn’t wanna end up on Scoop” for child rape

36-year-old Akeen Warner was arrested on September 11th after he returned to the home of his ex-girlfriend after an argument. His ex, Doresha Blakely, was still hiding in the bathroom, which he entered while holding a gun at his side. As police arrived and knocked on the door, he demanded the victim move to the back bedroom with the juvenile children and remain quiet. He eventually surrendered to SRT officers after they arrived and de-escalated the situation. At some point during the incident, the victim retained Warnier’s cell phone.

At a later time, the victim would receive a phone call from one of Warner’s friends, asking her to delete specific images from his cell phone which captured him raping a five-year-old child. On a recorded jail phone call, he begged her not to tell the police, stating, “I don’t want to end up on Scoop!” [details in the linked story may be graphic]

Brazen burglars zip-tie 3 residents, break out front teeth of 1, during Madison home invasion

NEW DETAILS: 25-year-old Adarius Frazier, 31-year-old Ralphael Turner, and an unknown third person, held a resident at gunpoint as he arrived home from the 3000 Bar in downtown Nashville and demanded access to the apartment. Once inside, all three residents, Anthony Holmes, Capria Holmes, and Francesca Clark, were zip-tied and placed on the floor of a bedroom closet. The invaders also knocked out the front teeth of Mr. Holmes. As officers were putting on heavy armor outside, the suspects fled in a resident’s vehicle… police eventually caught 2 of them on Lischey Ave. as they dumped an AR Rifle, a Keltec pistol, and iPhones along the way.

Frazier is held on a $387,000 bond, and Turner is held on a $270,000 bond.

Man abuses multiple women and kidnaps children over 9 month period

41-year-old Edward Johnson was charged with 3 counts of kidnapping, 2 counts of domestic assault, aggravated assault, interference with a 911 call, vandalism, and theft after evading police for nine months.

Gun thief kidnaps and beats woman; accused of stashing gun at halfway house

30-year-old Tyler Donley was charged with aggravated kidnapping and robbery after a woman accused him of stealing her gun, refusing to return it, and not letting her exit the vehicle.

Man kidnaps girlfriend at gunpoint over suspected infidelity

27-year-old Kendall Pinkerton was charged with theft of property and aggravated kidnapping after he accused his girlfriend of cheating on him and forced her into a vehicle at gunpoint.