Julianne Miller charged with punching roommate in face, kicking her in head while on ground

23-year-old Julianna Miller was jailed on June 4th after beating up her roommate at their home on Old Hickory Boulevard after an argument about difficulties with their living situation. Officers spoke with Alexis Glatz, who said that she and Miller had been arguing throughout the day prior until Miller left. When she returned home, they continued arguing face to face. At some point during the argument, Miller started punching Glatz in the face until she fell to the floor. Once on the floor, she got into the fetal position, where she says she was kicked in the head. Officers observed scratches on her face and large swellings on her forehead in several spots. It is evident that Glatz was struck in the head multiple times. Miller told police that she only assaulted Glatz in self-defense after she pushed her. She had no injuries.

Demarcus Foster free on pre-trial release; drugs, gun, reckless driving, evading arrest

18-year-old Demarcus Foster was jailed on June 4th after police saw him speeding out of a parking lot on Merritt Boulevard. Police began to follow Foster, who stopped his vehicle in the middle of the roadway near Almeda Street and yelled out of the driver’s side window that he needed to get somewhere because his car was breaking down. He tried to wave police by, but instead, the police activated their emergency lights. Police asked Foster to step out of the vehicle, and he began pacing and sweating profusely. He spoke quickly, telling police he was acting strange because he “ain’t got no L’s.” The officer asked him to specify what an “L” was, and he said it meant his driver’s license.

The officer asked Foster to relax and sit on the hood of the patrol car. He complied with the command, but when the officer attempted to search Foster’s vehicle, he sat up and said, “You ain’t gotta do all that.” Officers saw a 9mm Ruger Handgun in plain view on the driver’s side floorboard and attempted to place Foster in handcuffs, but he pushed off the officer’s neck and chest, knocking off the body camera, and took off running. The officer told Foster to stop running, but he continued until he was tased. Once in custody, police found half an ecstasy pill and a small bag of crack/cocaine in Foster’s front pocket.

The vehicle plates displayed did not match the vehicle, Foster was driving a Nissan Sentra, but the plates belonged to a Ford Fiesta. Once at booking, Foster told police he ran because he has pending gun charges in another county, and he thought the current incident would affect that. He also stated that he knew he would be pulled over when he sped out of the parking lot and “screeched” his tires.

When the fire engine arrived, a drunken Sean Woods climbed underneath it…

38-year-old Sean Woods was booked June 3rd after police were flagged down by a witness stating that a man was passed out in the grass beside the Exxon gas station on Broadway. When police arrived, they saw Woods lying on the ground, obviously impaired. When the fire department arrived, Woods crawled under the fire truck. Police were able to get the defendant out from under the truck and stand him up. He declined medical treatment and refused to be transported to the hospital. Due to his level of intoxication, police determined Woods to be a danger to himself and attempted to take him into custody, but he resisted by pulling away and kicking multiple officers in their legs while yelling racial slurs. Woods continued to kick at officers while being placed in the back of the patrol car.

Randy ‘RJ’ Rudlaff jailed for violating an order of protection

46-year-old Randy Rudlaff was at his shared residence on Stockyard Street Sunday when Metro Nashville Police responded to a domestic incident at the address. As Rudlaff’s information was run through the system, an active order of protection was located, which prevented him from being at the residence until the next court date. He was served with the notice on March 31 and still had not vacated the residence. He was taken into custody and charged with violating an order of protection.

Donya Marandi had “two beers” before drunken fiery crash on interstate

37-year-old Donya Marandi told police she had “a few beers” before causing a fiery collision on I-24W late Friday night. An officer was en route to an unrelated call when he observed Marandi wreck into another vehicle in the left lane. As he stopped to investigate, he noticed that Marandi’s engine was billowing heavy smoke and helped her to get to his patrol car for safety. She had to balance herself with the concrete median and the officer’s arm due to her level of intoxication. She admitted to drinking “a few beers” and continued to ask if her car was on fire, and was surprised each time to learn that it was.

Phil Roebuck jailed after drinking while operating boat on Percy Priest Lake

49-year-old Phil Roebuck was jailed Saturday night, charged with boating under the influence. Officers say he was operating a boat on Percy Priest Lake just after 9 p.m. without a required rear white light on the vessel. Officers attempted to initiate a stop on the boat, but it continued to travel for a long distance before eventually coming to a stop. Roebuck had an open container of alcohol next to his seat and multiple empty containers directly behind him. He performed poorly on field sobriety tests and was taken into custody.

Juan Jose Rubiano attacks roommate who insulted his family

19-year-old Juan Rubiano Novoa is charged with domestic assault after his roommate, Julian Manuel Unanue-Barahona, reportedly insulted Juan’s family on May 27, causing an argument. Juan punched the victim in the face several times, leaving him with multiple bruises, injuries, and a broken tooth. A witness confirmed the assault to responding officers.

Emad Sous leaves 4-year-old child in vehicle while shopping at One Hundred Oaks Mall


45-year-old Emad Sous was jailed on May 28th after leaving his four-year-old daughter in the back seat of his red Toyota RAV4 unattended in front of Sketchers at One Hundred Oaks. When officers arrived, they found the girl in the backseat with the windows partially down. She wouldn’t respond verbally, so the officers entered the vehicle to check on her. While police were at the vehicle, the father came back hysterical, getting in the officer’s faces and pushing one. Police tried to detain Sous, but he resisted by grabbing the handcuffs and refusing to let go.

James Casey jailed after throwing cooking pot at girlfriend during argument

41-year-old James Casey was jailed on May 28th after throwing a cooking pot at his girlfriend’s face during an argument at their home on Autumn Drive. Police responded and spoke with Shelley Moore, who said she and Casey were in the garage arguing, and she became agitated, so she threw a chair to the ground and headed back inside. According to Moore, as she was closing the door, she saw Casey grab the red cooking pot, and she knew he was going to throw it at her, but she didn’t shut the door fast enough.

Police observed a large dent in the pot, and the handle was broken. Moore had a large knot above her right eye and a small cut above her left. Casey told police that Moore threw the chair at him and then the cooking pot. According to Casey, after she threw the pot, he grabbed it and threw it in her direction. Casey said he didn’t mean to hit Moore with the pot; it hit her after hitting the door. Police saw a scrape on his left that he said was from the chair. Due to the severity of Moore’s injuries, Casey was determined as the primary aggressor.

Jeffrey Acevedo: “I’m rebelling & it is in my favor to not pay” at The Palm Restaurant


55-year-old Jeffrey Acevedo was jailed on May 28th after police responded to a call of someone not paying their tab at The Palm Restaurant. Police spoke with the manager, who said Acevedo ordered $155.47 worth of food and didn’t pay. Acevedo told police he didn’t pay and didn’t believe he had to. He said, “I am rebelling, and it is in my favor to not pay.” Acevedo ordered multiple food items like steak, soda, and dessert. He admitted to police that he would continue the offense all around Nashville because he believes it is his right and said, “I think you should take me to jail.” Due to the likelihood of the offense continuing, Acevedo was taken into custody.